Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

My mom used to make this for us all the time. I used to love the recipe so much that I would ask her to make it for me on my birthdays. She got the recipe from the back of a Campbells Cream of something soup (either chicken or celery) and adapted it a little bit. The recipe below is the adaptation as I cannot seem to find the original that was close to hers.

Chicken Enchiladas

1 can cream of chicken soup (I use the low fat)
1.5 cups sour cream (I use the low fat)
1 pound cooked chicken breast cubed
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 onion diced
1 can chopped green chiles
Tortillas (you can use low carb to make this a low carb meal)
Shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 F

1. Combine soup and sour cream in medium sized bowl
2. Saute diced onions until translucent and soft.
3. Add chili powder to chopped onions and cook for a few seconds until fragrant.
4. Add chopped chiles, chicken and half of the soup/sour cream mixture. Stir to combine and allow to heat through, then remove from heat.
5. Fill tortillas with mixture and place in baking sheet seam side down. Spread the rest of the soup/sour cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Cover pan with tin foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cheese is melty.

No comments:

Post a Comment