Thursday, January 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes

Occasionally I will get a craving for banana pancakes. When I make them, I will also toss in some other things to bring them up a few notches...chocolate chips, granola, blueberries, shredded coconut. Well this time, I decided to put some peanut butter in it. They were SO delicious, so I decided to share the recipe here. Now I buy pancake mix...I don't make it from scratch...it is so much easier. I use Fiber One mix, because I feel like I am maybe eating a little healthier since my pancakes have more fiber.

Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
(Printable Recipe)

(Makes 1-2 servings)

1/2 cup pancake mix (I used Fiber One Buttermilk)
1 very ripe banana
1 Tbsp peanut butter (I used creamy)
1/3 cup water

1. Combine pancake mix and water (you may need to add more depending on consistency you prefer, but wait until all ingredients are added to determine this).
2. Stir peanut butter into pancake mix.
3.Cut banana in half. Mash one half and stir into pancake mix. Slice the other half into coin shapes and stir into pancake mix.
4. Heat skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add about 1/4-1/3 cup pancake mix to pan. When bubbles form on top of pancake and sides look set, flip over. Cook until set. Repeat with remaining mix.

I usually just put syrup on mine and they are SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment