Sunday, March 3, 2013

Salsa chicken and rice

On Sundays, I try to cook a few meals so the evenings are not all hectic during the week.  I have been wanting to make a crockpot oatmeal after someone brought some to work (YUM).  My awesome mom gave me one of those triple slow cookers, so you can make three meals at once.  So, one crock had my oatmeal going, so I looked through a cookbook I got at Kohls and came across a recipe for stuffed peppers.  Now my picky eater hubby wouldn't ever eat the peppers, so I decided to try the recipe with a few tweaks for my hubby.  Yum!  So delicious.  I think the rice was slightly overcooked, though, so next time, I won't cook it as long.

Salsa Chicken and Rice
(2 smallish servings)

4 chicken tenders (or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup frozen or canned corn
1/3 cup uncooked rice
1/4 cup water
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin

1. Combine salsa, corn, rice, water, spices in crock and mix to combine. 
2. Lay chicken tenders over rice mixture.
3. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment