Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ginger/Garlic Beef Stir Fry

I got this recipe a LONG time ago while watching a show on the Food Network called How To Boil Water. I have made this for myself a Million times. I made it for my family many times and they LOVE it. I cannot make it for my husband, though, because he doesn't eat onions, garlic, ginger, or chunks of tomatoes....all of these ingredients in this DELICIOUS recipe. I changed a few things along the way which I will type in the recipe. I hope you all enjoy it!

Ginger/Garlic Beef Stir Fry- altered recipe from the Food Network's How to Boil Water (their recipe is called Beef with Scallions, Tomato, and Ginger)

1 pound beef cut up into bite sized pieces (original recipe calls for flank steak, I use top round steaks or mock tenders, whatever is on sale)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
Original recipe calso alls for 2 Tbsp dry sherry- I have used it and haven't and don't really miss it
3 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sugar
1 bunch of scallions cut into 2 inch pieces- seperate whites and greens
1 Tbsp chopped/grated ginger (I have used garlic as a complete substitution or use half garlic and half ginger)
1 pound of tomatoes cut into large pieces (a little bigger than bite sized)
Original recipe calls for hoison sauce...I don't like it!

1. In a large bowl, mix together soy sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil, cornstarch, sugar and sherry if you are going to use it
2. Put beef into mixture and allow to marinate for a least 10 minutes.
3. Heat pan and add beef mixture with all liquid and scallion whites. Cook without stirring until beef is pink (about 1 minute). Transfer to a bowl
4. Return pan to heat and add 1 tsp sesame oil. Add the ginger/garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Add the scallion greens and tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are slightly soft.
6. Add beef back to pan and cook until heated through and sauce has thickened.
7. Enjoy!

Original recipe courtesy of Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment