Thursday, October 29, 2009

Using up leftover chicken

After I made my chicken and dumplings, I had some shredded chicken left over. I was going to make chicken tacos with it, but the picky eater husband didn't want that. Since I did want tacos, that is what I made for me, but for him I made Buffalo Chicken wraps....super simple and it was quite a hit.

Buffalo Chicken Wraps

Cooked chicken (enough for 2 burrito wrappers)- we used shredded, but any kind you like will work (baked tenders, fried tenders, cubed chicken breasts, etc)
1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Texas Pete)
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Burrito wrappers (we used low carb)
2 slices of cheese (we used American)

1. In medium saucepan, heat hot sauce and butter over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add chicken to sauce and stir to combine. Allow to heat through.
3. Spoon 1/2 of the chicken over the middle of 1 burrito, top with american cheese. Repeat for second burrito. Wrap edges up like burrito. Enjoy!

Super easy and only takes a few minutes to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment