Monday, October 5, 2009

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I just love pot roast. With the mornings and evening being cooler, I have been in the mood to make it. In Florida, the afternoons are still pretty warm, so I wanted to make it in the slow cooker to avoid heating the house with the oven.

Slow Cooker Pot Roast
(Printable Recipe)

5 pound boneless beef roast (I like the shoulder roast)
1-2 cans (depending on thickness desired) cream of mushroom soup (I also like roasted garlic cream of mushroom)
32 oz beef broth
Following veggies- use as much or as little as you like
Small red potatoes- halved
Carrots- peeled and cut into large pieces
Celery- cut into large pieces
Onion- diced (I did not use this as my hubby has an aversion to onions)
Garlic powder and salt to taste
Cooked egg noodles

1. Put beef and veggies into slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
2. Pour cream soup and broth over beef and veggies.
3. Put slow cooker on low for 6 hours. If you don't have that much time you can also put it on high for about 3-4 hours.
4. Take meat out, slice and then place back in gravy.
5. Serve over egg noodles. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment