Friday, October 9, 2009

Soft, Delicious Oatmeal Cookies



Photo courtesy of http://allrecipes.com/Cook/13222627/Profile.aspx


Well our house is up for sale. We got a call from someone who wanted to look at it. I have heard that one trick when showing your house, is to bake cookies. It makes your house seem comfortable and "homey." I have also heard that using cinnamon in your recipe is good. Being that it is fall, the house should smell like something baking with cinnamon. My husband is the pickiest eater, so apple pie was out, coffee cake was out, gingerbread was out, and the list goes on. I decided to make oatmeal cookies. I looked online for a recipe and came across on on allrecipes.com. It had a 5 star rating, so I thought, it couldn't hurt to try it. When I was making it, I got a little taste of the dough....AMAZING. The BEST cookie dough I have EVER tasted! The cookies come out soft and stay soft....so tasty.



Oatmeal cookies

Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com
(Printable Recipe)



1 cup butter, softened

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

2 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

3 cups quick cooking oats

Optional add ins- raisins, chocolate chips, toffee bits



1. Cream together sugars and butter. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla.



2. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Add mixture into butter/egg/sugar mixture and stir together until well combined. Add oats to mixture and stir until well combined. If you are adding toppings, add them in with the oats.



3. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.



4. Preheat oven to 375. Grease baking pan. Using a cookie scoop or palms of your hands, roll dough into walnut sized pieces and place 2 inches apart on baking pan. Flatten dough balls (you can use a fork dipped in sugar, the palm of your hand, or the bottom of a glass).



5. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes on the baking pan before moving to wire rack to cool.



Next time I make these, I will be adding toffee pieces. I may add chocolate chips too. So yummy. I brought them to work and got rave reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment