Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Italian Pulled Beef

I came across this recipe a while ago. A chuck roast was on sale, so I decided to buy it and give the recipe a try. Another success. So easy and so tasty!

Italian Shredded Beef

5 pound chuck roast (I had a 7 bone roast)
29 ounce can diced tomatoes (any kind will do, but I used Hunts diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano)
3 cloves of garlic minced (you may want to use more depending on your preference)
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Put chuck roast into a slow cooker. Add tomatoes and garlic. Allow to cook 6 hours or until meat is cooked through and shreds.
2. Shred meat and serve.

NOTES-
Now that I have made this, I would probably add a small can of tomato paste to sweeten and thicken the sauce.
Also, I recommend skimming off some fat prior to serving.
You can serve this over pasta or on buns as a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment