Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Last year at Christmas time, I discovered the MOST amazing oatmeal cookie recipe. It is absolutely my favorite! They are chewy and so delicious! Tonight, I had a can of pumpkin that kept calling to me. I was undecided between making pumpkin blondies and some type of cookie. I asked for my families opinions and they wanted a cookie....so I decided to try making my beloved oatmeal cookie recipe a little healthier by substituting some of the butter with pumpkin. It worked! The cookie is more like a caky texture, but still so yummy!

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (I used Libby's canned pumpkin- NOT the pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1-1/2 cup quick cooking oats
Mix ins (optional)- I used butterscotch chips and chocolate chips (I preferred the butterscotch chips, I would probably leave out the chocolate chips or replace them with white chocolate chips)

1. Preheat the oven to 375 F
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or medium sized bowl if using a hand mixer), combine the butter and sugars. Cream together on medium- medium-high speed.
3. Add pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract to creamed butter and sugar mixture. Beat until well combined.
4. Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon to the wet ingredients. Mixing with low speed, mix until combined. Add in oats and mix until well combined. If using mix-ins, add them in after the oats.
5. Drop dough by Tbsp on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375F about 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment