Friday, June 10, 2011

Filling low fat quesadillas

Have you ever come home from work and been so hungry you could eat your way through the entire refrigerator and not feel satisfied? I was having one of those days today and wanted a filling meal that would not break my diet. A few weeks ago, I was having dinner at my sister's house and she made us quesadillas and used some veggies to save on calories. I was having such a craving for those quesadillas, so I stopped at the grocery store on my way home and loaded up my basket with veggies. These were so tasty and so filling! I made a smaller amount, because my picky eater hubby didn't even want to try them, so up the recipe as much as you feel you need. I did have a little of everything left over for a yummy lunch tomorrow.

Veggie and chicken quesadillas

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes and cooked (I sauteed mine in a pan)
1 zuchinni cut up into bite sized pieces
1 corn on the cob- cut kernels off the cob
1/2 bag of Birds Eye pepper stir fry frozen veggies (this was the only one I could find with peppers and onions)
1 Tbsp Sante Fe cooking cream (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Tortillas
1 tomato diced
Sour cream

1. In frying pan, saute zuchinni to your liking (I like mine with a little bite, but not crunchy). Put cooked zuchinni aside.
2. In same emptied frying pan, saute corn kernels over medium high heat until heated through and some of the skins have browned. Set aside.
3. Using same frying pan (emptied of corn), saute peppers and onions until heated through and starts to brown. Set aside.
4. Now to assemble the quesadilla. If using the cooking cream, smear a small amount on one half of a tortilla. Cover one half of tortilla with chicken and veggies. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold over and cook in frying pan until crisp and brown, then flip and cook other side. Repeat for each tortilla.
5. Serve with tomatoes and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment